Friday, February 11, 2011

"I want to die. Who wants to join me?"

《"This is a pre-death party. Let me lead you to the hall of death."
Announcements like these litter QQ, China's most popular instant messaging client online message board where strangers meet and arrange to commit suicide together.
"I want to die. Who wants to join me?" posted a 22-year-old university student surnamed Zhang from Lishui, a prefecture-level city in southwestern Zhejiang Province, on June 21.
Soon a 20-year-old freshman surnamed Fan from Shanghai had accepted his invitation.
Zhang had reportedly failed to obtain an offer from a good university, according to the Qianjiang Evening News.
Fang and Zhang met at the Lishui railway station on the morning of June 22 and decided to kill themselves by inhaling carbon monoxide.
They brought charcoal, a brazier and beer and locked themselves inside a hotel room with closed windows.
As smoke filled the room, Zhang suffered an unbearable headache and decided to abandon the plan. He tried to talk Fan out, but he insisted on staying.
Zhang left the hotel about 4:30 pm. Fan called later and pleaded for him to return and see their pact through.
"Listen, if you don't bring charcoal and alcohol back by 8 pm, I'll call the police. I'm between a rock and a hard place now. I'll leave it up to you," was Fan's last text message.
Zhang didn't go back. When he called the hotel at about 10:50pm, it was too late.》


Read all the article: "Suicide over the screen"
http://special.globaltimes.cn/2011-02/621714.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home